Welcome to my About Me page. My name is Alina Kovalchuk and this page is going to be about me, what I like and dislike basically my life in some points.
About Me Page
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. – Winston Churchill
The reason I choose this quote is because I feel like I’m in this situation and I need some motivation to keep going and not giving up on something like my grades and education. I feel like a failure and disappointment when I disappoint my parents. But this quote gives me more confidence and courage to continue, and to keep trying harder when time are rough like school.
This video is about one of my favourite makeup artist talks about her troubles in life and about her brother who passed away. I find it really amazing since its really hard to talk about personal stuff with just normal friends but talking about your personal problems with over a million people is very difficult. So I find it really impressive that she wanted to share that with us (subscribers).
3) Add a Picture:
Find a picture that you like, dislike, has inspired you or is meaningful to you for some reason. Find a picture that is powerful to you. Insert the picture into your page, and explain why you chose this picture. If you have a picture saved on your computer already, simply go to the Add Media button located on the top of the page, and follow the steps to upload your picture. If you have Googled an image, click on the image, then click the View Image button, then copy the URL, and either add the URL in the Add Media button or paste it into you blog.
For more detailed information how to insert images click here
4) Add a Hyperlink:
Create a hyperlink to a website that is meaningful to you. Explain why you chose this site. To hyperlink text or pictures to a website, simply high-light the word or select the picture you would like to hyperlink to, then look for the chain link button located in tool bar and click it, then paste the URL in the website area and click Apply.
For more detailed information how to create a hyperlink click here
Customize – Tasks
1) Blog Theme:
You are going to personalize your blog. From your Dashboard -> Appearance -> Themes, located on the left hand side of the screen. Choose a theme that is mobile friendly, and apply it.
For more detailed information how to customize your blog’s Appearance and Theme click here.
2) Blog Appearance:
You are going to personalize the appearance of your blog. From your Dashboard -> Appearance -> Customize, located on the left hand side of the screen.
a) Site Identity – This is where you can edit the title of your blog. Please choose an appropriate title, that does not have both your first and last name in it. You can also edit your tagline. Your tagline is a very short sentence that gives the viewer a snapshot b) Colors – Edit the color scheme of your blog.
c) Header Image – This is where you can add and change the picture that is being used in your header.
d) Background Image – This is where you can adjust your background image.
e) Menus – You can create multiple menu structures. For simplicity, lets stick to 1. Make sure you select Menu Location -> Primary Menu -> About Me. Then click Save. This will ensure your menu stays the same, even after adjusting the theme.
f) Widgets – Locate and see all the widgets on your blog.
g) Static Front Page – Front Home Page Display is set to -> Static Page and Front Page is set to -> About Me
Your First Post (Optional)
You are now going to create your very first post. At the top of the Dashboard -> New -> Posts.
2) Body – This is where you place your content of the post – text, videos, pictures, etc. Write a short paragraph about what you are excited about for this upcoming year at Terry Fox. What are some things you want to get involved with? How will you become a part of the Rapid Nation?
3) Tool Bar – In your toolbar you can Add Media and Add Documents into your posts, this is the best way to create visual representations. You can also change fonts, hyperlink, etc.
4) Publish – Here is where you control what items are public and private. You can also control when they are published to your website.
5) Categories – Here is where you choose where you want your post to go. This is your digital binder with all of your subjects. Categorize -> Portfolio.
6) Tags – Here is where you create tags, these tags can help you find things quicker on your blog and help you stay organised. Tag -> Portfolio.
7) Publish – When you are done! Publish it.