Our school uses WordPress to document and showcase your learning and experiences at Terry Fox. You will use your blog to post work and assignments for classes, to post about your learning and experiences in your portfolio, and write reflections based on the Core Competencies.
Login to your blog here: terryfox.sd43.bc.ca
Get WordPress support here: WordPress User Guides
All of our staff and students have FREE access to O365 tools. Our school uses these tools as one of our foundational platforms.
Login to O365 here: login.microsoftonline.com
A digital footprint is the collection of all the traces you leave in electronic environments as you use or move through them. Some is content you actively volunteer—like your Facebook profile. Other material is passive—the cookies a site stores in your browser, the content your district collects about your use of their equipment, etc. All this data can be aggregated to build a profile of you and your behavior.
Tips for Creating a Positive Digital Footprint
- Always THINK
- Never post anything that you might find embarrassing later.
- Be careful with the pictures you post on your public profiles. Remember others will see them and judge you based on their content.
- Change the privacy settings on your social networking sites so that only your Friends can see your information
- Do not disclose your personal address, phone number, passwords. Bank card numbers…etc even in private messages. There is always the possibility of somebody hacking into your account and finding them.
- Do not post things to bully, hurt, blackmail, insult, or afflict any kind of harm on others
- Always keep in mind that once information has been posted online, it can be almost impossible to remove because of archiving and file sharing. Even though you deactivate your accounts, the information may still be retrieved by others.