Your “About Me” page is all about you. As you get more comfortable with it, it is an opportunity to express who you are, and share the things you like to do. But more so, this is where you can share your growth and experiences at Terry Fox Secondary.
About Me Page
You are going to work through the different steps on your About Me page, and become more comfortable working with your blog and learning some important skills.
To begin editing your About Me page, click “Edit” button located at the top of the screen.
Familiarize yourself with all of the features on your page, when you are done editing your page, simply press “Update” on the far right side of the page. You have the ability to add pictures and videos, change fonts, hyperlink etc.
Create a heading on your About Me page for each of the tasks below. Try each task at your own pace and build your page.
About Me Page – Tasks
1) Add a Quote:
“If you were born with the weakness to fall, you were born with the strength to rise.”
I chose this quote because it resembles strength and when times are rough you have the strength to push through it and over come the obstacles in life.
2) Add a Video:
I have chose this clip from youtube because it is a hilarious video of one of my favourite sports volleyball. The guy getting hit in the face multiply times is such a unusual event that is amusing to watch.
For more detailed information about how to embed click here
3) Add a Picture:
This picture was took in Montreal, Quebec, August of 2018. One of my teammates (Emma Wilson) had just hit the game winning run in and it won us our first game at the national championship. This picture shows a lot of meaning to me, like teamwork and the ability to work hard to reach your goal. It also shows my love of the sport, softball.
For more detailed information how to insert images click here
4) Add a Hyperlink:
I have added this hyperlink to a go fund me page that supports one of my great friends Matt Kerwin. He was diagnosed at the beginning of his terry fox secondary school year. It shows great meaning to see the amount of people supporting his journey and i hope he gets well soon.
For more detailed information how to create a hyperlink click here
Customize – Tasks
1) Blog Theme:
You are going to personalize your blog. From your Dashboard -> Appearance -> Themes, located on the left hand side of the screen. Choose a theme that is mobile friendly, and apply it.
For more detailed information how to customize your blog’s Appearance and Theme click here.
2) Blog Appearance:
You are going to personalize the appearance of your blog. From your Dashboard -> Appearance -> Customize, located on the left hand side of the screen.
a) Site Identity – This is where you can edit the title of your blog. Please choose an appropriate title, that does not have both your first and last name in it. You can also edit your tagline. Your tagline is a very short sentence that gives the viewer a snapshot b) Colors – Edit the color scheme of your blog.
c) Header Image – This is where you can add and change the picture that is being used in your header.
d) Background Image – This is where you can adjust your background image.
e) Menus – You can create multiple menu structures. For simplicity, lets stick to 1. Make sure you select Menu Location -> Primary Menu -> About Me. Then click Save. This will ensure your menu stays the same, even after adjusting the theme.
f) Widgets – Locate and see all the widgets on your blog.
g) Static Front Page – Front Home Page Display is set to -> Static Page and Front Page is set to -> About Me
Your First Post (Optional)
You are now going to create your very first post. At the top of the Dashboard -> New -> Posts.
2) Body – This is where you place your content of the post – text, videos, pictures, etc. Write a short paragraph about what you are excited about for this upcoming year at Terry Fox. What are some things you want to get involved with? How will you become a part of the Rapid Nation?
3) Tool Bar – In your toolbar you can Add Media and Add Documents into your posts, this is the best way to create visual representations. You can also change fonts, hyperlink, etc.
4) Publish – Here is where you control what items are public and private. You can also control when they are published to your website.
5) Categories – Here is where you choose where you want your post to go. This is your digital binder with all of your subjects. Categorize -> Portfolio.
6) Tags – Here is where you create tags, these tags can help you find things quicker on your blog and help you stay organised. Tag -> Portfolio.
7) Publish – When you are done! Publish it.