Your “About Me” page is all about you. As you get more comfortable with it, it is an opportunity to express who you are, and share the things you like to do. But more so, this is where you can share your growth and experiences at Terry Fox Secondary.
About Me Page
You are going to work through the different steps on your About Me page, and become more comfortable working with your blog and learning some important skills.
To begin editing your About Me page, click the “Edit” button located at the top of the screen.
Familiarize yourself with all of the features on your page, when you are done editing your page, simply press “Update” on the far right side of the page. You have the ability to add pictures and videos, change fonts, hyperlink etc.
Create a heading on your About Me page for each of the tasks below. Try each task at your own pace and build your page.
About Me Page – Tasks
1) Add a Quote:
“I want to try the impossible to show it can be done.” – Terry Fox
I chose this quote because Terry Fox is an inspiration to the country and to me. This quote represents to never give up no matter who tells you wrong and to fight for what you believe. This quote will take me to great places in life.
2) Add a Video:
I chose this youtube clip of one dog pushing another dog down the stairs. I find this adorable and funny because dogs are my favorite animal. I hope you enjoy this clip as much as I do.
For more detailed information about how to embed click here
3) Add a Picture:
This photo was taken when my school volleyball team won the district championship. It shows meaning of teamwork and how hard we all worked to get to our goal. I love the sport of volleyball and i hope to improve over the years.
For more detailed information on how to insert images click here
4) Add a Hyperlink:
I chose Netflix a my meaningful website because i enjoy spending my time watching movies and tv shows alone and with my family. I have made many memories with my family relating to the shows that we watch together.
For more detailed information how to create a hyperlink click here
Customize – Tasks
1) Blog Theme:
You are going to personalize your blog. From your Dashboard -> Appearance -> Themes, located on the left hand side of the screen. Choose a theme that is mobile friendly, and apply it.
For more detailed information how to customize your blog’s Appearance and Theme click here.
2) Blog Appearance:
You are going to personalize the appearance of your blog. From your Dashboard -> Appearance -> Customize, located on the left hand side of the screen.
a) Site Identity – This is where you can edit the title of your blog. Please choose an appropriate title, that does not have both your first and last name in it. You can also edit your tagline. Your tagline is a very short sentence that gives the viewer a snapshot b) Colors – Edit the color scheme of your blog.
c) Header Image – This is where you can add and change the picture that is being used in your header.
d) Background Image – This is where you can adjust your background image.
e) Menus – You can create multiple menu structures. For simplicity, lets stick to 1. Make sure you select Menu Location -> Primary Menu -> About Me. Then click Save. This will ensure your menu stays the same, even after adjusting the theme.
f) Widgets – Locate and see all the widgets on your blog.
g) Static Front Page – Front Home Page Display is set to -> Static Page and Front Page is set to -> About Me
Your First Post (Optional)
You are now going to create your very first post. At the top of the Dashboard -> New -> Posts.
2) Body – This is where you place your content of the post – text, videos, pictures, etc. Write a short paragraph about what you are excited about for this upcoming year at Terry Fox. What are some things you want to get involved with? How will you become a part of the Rapid Nation?
3) Tool Bar – In your toolbar you can Add Media and Add Documents into your posts, this is the best way to create visual representations. You can also change fonts, hyperlink, etc.
4) Publish – Here is where you control what items are public and private. You can also control when they are published to your website.
5) Categories – Here is where you choose where you want your post to go. This is your digital binder with all of your subjects. Categorize -> Portfolio.
6) Tags – Here is where you create tags, these tags can help you find things quicker on your blog and help you stay organised. Tag -> Portfolio.
7) Publish – When you are done! Publish it.