Your “About Me” page is an introduction about you and a place to practice building your website. As you get more comfortable, it becomes an opportunity to express who you are and share the things you like to do. Your blog is where you can share your growth and experiences of Digital Learning at Terry Fox Secondary. As you customize this page DELETE the INSTRUCTIONS so that only your work is published and when you share this page, share the published page (not the edit page).
How to Complete Your About Me Page
To familiarize yourself with the capabilities of your blog, follow the steps below.
To begin editing your About Me page, click the “Edit Page” button located at the top of the screen.
As you make changes to your page, simply press “Update” on the upper far right side of the page (blue button).
Keep the headings on the first five tasks on your About Me page for each of the tasks below.
Complete the following tasks.
1) Meaningful Quote:
“The purpose of our lives is to be happy”
I chose this quote because it makes my life meaningfull
2) Embedded Video:
I chose this video because Pyke is the champ I love to play. This Pyke montage makes me thrill
3) Inspiring Picture:
I chose this picture because one of my dreams is to shoot money in front of many people
4) Create a Hyperlink:
5) Self Assessment:
6) Change the Blog Theme:
- Click on Appearance -> Themes,
- Choose a theme
- Did your menus disappear? – ask your Digital Learning teacher to help you bring them back or proceed to number 7 below.
- Chose a design that is thoughtful and able to be read easily.
7) Delete Extra Instructional Text (after you have read through the final instructions):
I chose this picture because next summer my goal is to ride this trail called A-line at whistler.
I chose this video/ad because skittles if my favorite candy.
We can do anything we want to if we stick to it long enough. Helen Keller
I chose this quote because it encourages me to do anything with perseverance and hard work.
8) Submit your Blog Link to Microsoft Teams:
- Copy the URL link and add it to the Microsoft Teams Assignment
- Remember – this current editing view is not your published page
- Select the permalink above this text editing area or highlight the URL (https://…) when viewing the public page
OPTIONAL HOW TO: Customize – Tasks (delete all this when done too)
- Click on Appearance -> Customize
1) Site Identity –
- Edit the title of your blog
- Do not include your last name in it
- Try editing your tagline
- Edit the colour scheme of your blog
3) Header Image
- Change the picture in your header
4) Background Image
- Adjust your background image
- Create a menu structure
- select Menu Location -> Primary Menu -> About Me
- Click Save to ensure it stays with any theme you choose
- Locate and see all the widgets on your blog
7) Static Front Page
- Front Home Page Display is set to -> Static Page
- Front Page is set to -> About Me