Your “About Me” page is an introduction about you. As you get more comfortable, it becomes an opportunity to express who you are and share the things you like to do. Your blog is where you can share your growth and experiences of Digital Learning at Terry Fox Secondary. As you customize this page DELETE the INSTRUCTIONS so that only your work is published and when you share this page, share the published page (not the edit page).
How to Complete Your About Me Page
To familiarize yourself with the capabilities of your blog, follow the steps below. These steps will guide you to becoming more comfortable working with your blog and help you learn important digital skills.
To begin editing your About Me page, click “Edit Page” button located at the top of the screen.
As you make changes to your page, simply press “Update” on the upper far right side of the page (blue button).
Keep the headings on the first four tasks on your About Me page for each of the tasks below.
Philippians 4:13 “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me”. This is not a quote, but a verse from the bible. I chose this because it reminds me that I can do anything through Christ.
The tool bar toggle button is located above this editing area and looks like this:
I chose this video because it was funny.
I chose this picture because he’s my favorite rapper.
4) Create a Hyperlink:
Create a hyperlink to a website that is important to you. Explain why you chose this hyperlink.
8) Submit your Blog Link to Microsoft Teams:
Copy the URL link to your published About Me Page and submit it to your Digital Learning teacher through Microsoft Teams. Remember, this current editing page is not your published page, you want to either select the permalink above this text editing area or highlight the URL (https://…) when you are viewing the public page.
OPTIONAL HOW TO: Customize – Tasks (delete all this when done too)
1) Blog Appearance:
If you would like to personalize the appearance of your blog. Click on Appearance -> Customize, located on the left hand side of the screen.
2) Site Identity – This is where you can edit the title of your blog. Please choose an appropriate title, that does not have both your first and last name in it. You can also edit your tagline. Your tagline is a very short sentence that gives the viewer a snapshot
3) Colours – Edit the colour scheme of your blog.
4) Header Image – This is where you can add and change the picture that is being used in your header.
5) Background Image – This is where you can adjust your background image.
6) Menus – You can create multiple menu structures. For simplicity, lets stick to 1. Make sure you select Menu Location -> Primary Menu -> About Me. Then click Save. This will ensure your menu stays the same, even after adjusting the theme.
7) Widgets – Locate and see all the widgets on your blog.
8) Static Front Page – Front Home Page Display is set to -> Static Page and Front Page is set to -> About Me