Your “About Me” page is an introduction about you and a place to practice building your website. As you get more comfortable, it becomes an opportunity to express who you are and share the things you like to do. Your blog is where you can share your growth and experiences of Digital Learning at Terry Fox Secondary. As you customize this page DELETE the INSTRUCTIONS so that only your work is published and when you share this page, share the published page (not the edit page).
How to Complete Your About Me Page
To familiarize yourself with the capabilities of your blog, follow the steps below. Step 1: To begin editing your About Me page, click the “Edit Page” button located at the top of the screen. Step 2: As you make changes to your page, simply press “Update” on the upper far right side of the page (blue button). Step 3: Keep the headings on the first five tasks on your About Me page for each of the tasks below. Step 4: Complete the following tasks.
1) Meaningful Quote: You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.
- Find a quote that is meaningful to you.
- Copy and paste it, or type it into your page.
- Explain why you chose it, and remember to record who said it!
- Click on the toolbar toggle icon above to show more options.
“the way I see it, if you want to see the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.”-Dolly Parton this is a cool quote because it shows that if you wanna be close to someone when they are at the height of their life you have to be there at the worst time. 2) Embedded Video:
- Find an appropriate YouTube clip and embed it into your blog.
- Explain why you chose it.
- Choose a video under 5 minutes in length
- Try copying the URL of the video and paste the URL exactly where you want it on your page.
- If the video box does not appear (embedded) then space out your text before you paste the URL of the video.
- Here’s an example of an embedded video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDxg5ODEXEQ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzhREYOK0oo this video has a certain significance to me because growing up I always used to go flying toy helicopters with my uncle and grandfather and now that I’m older they took me on an actual helicopter 3) Inspiring Picture:
- Find a picture that inspires you
- Insert the picture into your page
- Explain why you chose this picture.
- Saved images – click Add Media follow the steps to upload your picture.
- Googled images – click image, click ‘View Image’, copy URL, add URL in Add Media or paste onto your blog.
- For more detailed information on how to insert images click here
coke inspires me to not sleep in class. 4) Create a Hyperlink:
- Create a hyperlink to a website that is important to you
- Explain why you chose this hyperlink.
- What is a hyperlink? It is text that you can click!
- For more detailed information how to create a hyperlink click here
https://www.boredbutton.com/ I choose this because it helps me when I’m bored. 5) Self Assessment:
- Find the self-assessment document in Microsoft Teams
- Complete the assessment and embed the document here
- Click on the following button at the top of this editing box to embed it
6) Change the Blog Theme:
- Click on Appearance -> Themes,
- Choose a theme
- Did your menus disappear? – ask your Digital Learning teacher to help you bring them back or proceed to number 7 below.
- Chose a design that is thoughtful and able to be read easily.
7) Delete Extra Instructional Text (after you have read through the final instructions):
- Delete any instructional text that was here before you started editing
- Remember this is your page, so make it your own!
- Publish only work that you have added, typed, uploaded or pasted here.
8) Submit your Blog Link to Microsoft Teams:
- Copy the URL link and add it to the Microsoft Teams Assignment
- Remember – this current editing view is not your published page
- Select the permalink above this text editing area or highlight the URL (https://…) when viewing the public page
OPTIONAL HOW TO: Customize – Tasks (delete all this when done too)
- Click on Appearance -> Customize
- Edit the title of your blog
- Do not include your last name in it
- Try editing your tagline
- Edit the colour scheme of your blog
3) Header Image
- Change the picture in your header
4) Background Image
- Adjust your background image
- Create a menu structure
- select Menu Location -> Primary Menu -> About Me
- Click Save to ensure it stays with any theme you choose
- Locate and see all the widgets on your blog
7) Static Front Page
- Front Home Page Display is set to -> Static Page
- Front Page is set to -> About Me